AARCS NEEDS FOSTER HOMES!!!
Last Updated: June 11th, 2013
This coming weekend AARCS will be attending a four day clinic with the Alberta Spay and Neuter Task Force. This is the first time we have travelled to this northern community and we are expecting a large number of surrendered animals (150+) and in order to accommodate we need more foster homes.
If you have ever thought of fostering, now is the time. Please email email@example.com to become a dog foster home today and firstname.lastname@example.org to become a cat foster home. Without families just like you, we could not rescue these homeless animals that are in desperate need of help. AARCS provides everything you need including, food, blankets, toys, litter, etc. In addition, all the medical and veterinary costs are covered. All you have to do is provide a loving home for a homeless animal until we can find their perfect adoptive home.
TOP TEN REASONS TO FOSTER
10. Animal companionship without a lifetime commitment.
9. Animals that have endured hardship can really use a loving home, one in which they can get used to living with people again.
8. Fostering provides a great lesson to your children about compassion, nurturing, and generosity and it’s a wonderful, life-affirming experience for an entire family, a couple, or a single individual.
7. If you already have one or more animals, one more won’t make a difference to you, but it sure will make a difference to the animal who otherwise might not have a second chance at life.
6. Fostering increases the likelihood of adoption and dramatically reduces the chances of an animal being returned.
5. Increased "human interaction" greatly helps foster animals who often come from neglectful or abusive situations… and let’s not forget what "animal interaction" can do for you.
4. You undoubtedly will get attached but when you meet the new family that's ready to provide a permanent, loving forever-home for the animal you helped rescue through fostering, you will feel more than satisfied to see him move on to his new life
3. It’s fun!!!
2. You get to show and teach your foster animal what it is to be a happy, loved family pet.
1. More foster homes means more animals rescued and that means more lives saved.
AARCS is a non-profit, registered charity comprised of a network of individuals and families concerned about the welfare of abandoned, abused and surrendered animals. Our volunteers range in age from young children to seniors and all are animal-lovers who are looking to make a difference. If you are interested in becoming a part of the AARCS team please check out our Volunteer and Fostering pages and Donate today!