Current OPEN positions
P/T or F/T Registered Veterinary Technician
FULL TIME or PART TIME — MONDAY to FRIDAY 8am-6pm
LOCATION: AARCS Veterinary Hospital in Calgary
Tired of shift work? Feeling burnt out dealing with client demands? AARCS is looking for a kind, enthusiastic RVT to join our team where your only clients are the animals – apply today and reinvigorate your career in shelter medicine.
THE POSITION: We are looking for a full-time and part-time RVT to join our team of 12 veterinary professionals at AARCS Veterinary Hospital in Calgary. Working with our onsite Veterinarians and the Medical Team, the position is responsible for patient care of our rescued animals including dogs, cats and some small animals. The position includes assisting with surgery, anesthesia (preparation, monitoring, and recovery), dentistry, radiology, emergency medicine, pathology and laboratory sampling and handling. AARCS Veterinary hospital is a fast-paced, fun environment, which includes high volume spay/neuter surgery. Come to work every day knowing you are making a difference in the lives of once homeless animals who have been given a second chance.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
- Registered RVT in the province of Alberta and a member in good standing with ABVMA.
- Be comfortable handling both cats and dogs. This includes feral cats and shy, timid or reactive dogs.
- Maintain the highest standard of care in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Confident and diligent in surgical preparation, patient monitoring and recovery for various surgical procedures.
- Exceptional patient care and good understanding of infectious disease, surgery, radiology (digital and dental), dentistry, emergency medicine, laboratory sampling and handling.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Generous Health, Dental and LIfe and Disability Benefits
- Statutory holidays and flex time.
- Discounted pet care, food and supplies.
- CE allowances and license fees covered.
- No evenings, weekends or shift work.
- Free parking.
- Hourly Range: $18-$25/hour based on experience
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity based in Calgary, Alberta with a second shelter in Edmonton, Alberta. At AARCS we are passionate about animals, but at the heart of our organization is people. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. AARCS Safe Haven is a busy animal shelter with an onsite veterinary hospital for our animals and is the hub from which our Calgary staff and volunteers work. North Haven is a shelter and cat adoption center and is the hub for our Edmonton staff and volunteers. These facilities facilitate intake, assessment, care and adoption for thousands of animals every year. All shelter and foster home supplies are stored at and distributed from these facilities and we receive a variety of physical supply donations, big and small every day.
APPLY NOW: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume via email to Amy Corpe, Clinic Manager at [email protected] with RVT Application in the subject line. We are seeking a candidate to start as soon as possible and will be hosting interviews as resumes come in. The job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate can be found. AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
5060 – 74th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta
LOCUM + VOLUNTEER VETS + RVTS
Locum and Volunteer VETERINARIANS + RVTS
Clinic Hours MONDAY to FRIDAY 8am-6pm
ABOUT YOU: Are you an experienced and enthusiastic VETERINARIAN or VET TECH? Have you been looking for an opportunity in shelter medicine? Then we’re looking for you!
We are seeking locum and volunteer veterinarians and registered veterinary technologists for our Safe Haven Shelter in Calgary, Alberta.
- You are a confident surgeon or technologist.
- You are willing and eager to do a number of physical exams.
- You are able and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a love for animals and a good understanding of shelter medicine.
- You are positive, friendly and approachable.
If this sounds like you, email: [email protected] today!