Volunteer with Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS)
The act of volunteering is a selfless one, allowing us to gain new skills, new friends, and a new perspective. It has been said that volunteering is not for the faint of heart. It requires dedication, reliability, learning and commitment. When you volunteer, you give part of yourself, your time, your energy and your skills. It can be a onetime event or become a lifetime activity.
At AARCS, we believe that each volunteer who contributes by working shifts at the shelter, fostering, fundraising, transporting, and the myriad of other jobs we need done, makes a huge difference in the life of our rescued animals.
Our volunteers spend hundreds of hours a month maintaining operations so that we can continue to help more needy and homeless animals. We could not do what we do without the hundreds of people who volunteer each and everyday. Whether you volunteer an hour a week or three hours a day, everyone is needed.
Meet some of our volunteers.
Need a reason to volunteer. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Be part of the solution. You’ll join a network of hundreds of people working to make the world safe and more humane for all living creatures. Lend a hand and spread the message of responsible pet ownership and animal protection.
- Get warm fuzzies. You’ll never find a more grateful and accepting comrade than an animal you’ve comforted.
- Keep good company. You’ll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
- Meet the new you. You’ll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you’re capable of achieving.
- Gain a new career. You’ll learn things that may lead you to the career – or career change – of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
- Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Didn’t someone once say that the best things in life are free?