Accepting Applicants for P/T and/or F/T.
Looking for one or more experienced and enthusiastic veterinarians seeking a career in Shelter Medicine.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta facilitating over 3,000 animal adoptions each year and providing numerous community support programs across the province, including Disaster Response, Emergency Medical Care, Emergency Foster Care, and Spay/Neuter Assistance Program. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. AARCS Veterinary Hospital is searching for loving and dedicated Veterinarians to add to our wonderful team. AARCS Veterinary Hospital is a very fast paced environment which cares for routine, surgical and emergency patients daily. This role helps ensure all animals within AARCS are provided with the best possible medical care. This includes treatment, diagnostics and surgery.
ABOUT YOU: The Veterinarian is a confident surgeon with exceptional time-management and organizational skills. Holds the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Having both a love for animals and a good understanding of shelter medicine. You are positive, friendly, and approachable. You work well in a team environment. You are confident with an intuitive ability to understand animal health as a top priority. You love working with animals and take pride in helping less fortunate animals. You take great personal satisfaction in your work. You are flexible and are able to work some evenings or weekends to accommodate intake at the shelter.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
- Licensed DVM in the province of Alberta and member in good standing with ABVMA.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Be comfortable handling both cats and dogs. This includes feral cats and shy, timid or reactive dogs.
- Performs high volume sterilization surgeries and other surgical procedures for shelter/foster animals with high level of proficiency and care.
- Confident performing various surgical procedures beyond the routine.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list with an attached resume to Ariana Lenz, Medical Manager. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best-qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: