- Sep 01 - 30 2021
- All Day
- Fundraising Partnership,
- Third-Party Fundraiser
Calgary Marathon 2021
RUNNING TOGETHER, HELPING ANIMALS TOGETHER
Sponsor or join the AARCS Rescue Racers team today!
Please join our team “Rescue Racers” for the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon 2021. This year you can choose between a virtual run or an in-person run! Join AARCS in the walk/run for homeless animals. With each step, collectively we can make a difference in the lives of animals.
Already registered? Make sure to choose AARCS as your Charity of Choice!
You can also participate by helping our AARCS Rescue Racers raise money for our four-legged friends in need. DONATE NOW!
Set your goal, enjoy the outdoors on your own time between September 1 – 30th or run in person on September 19th. Connect with fellow Rescue Racers, share selfies, ideas of your training, inspire and celebrate one another’s achievements! You can also participate by helping our AARCS Rescue Racers raise money for our four-legged friends in need. 🐶🐱
Scotiabank covers all the fees associated with online fundraising, so 100% of the funds raised will go directly to AARCS!
When: Virtual Run: September 1 – 30, 2021 OR In-Person Run: September 19, 2021
Location: Your virtual run or walk can be completed anywhere and on any surface (trail, road, treadmill, track, backyard, balcony).
In-Person will be held at Stampede Park starting at 7:30 am
Things to know:
- Race packages will be ready for pick up the week preceding the event. All participants will be emailed the exact times and date.
- Choose your distance — you can walk a marathon or walk all the distances (5km, 10km, 25km, 42km).
- Track your run using RunKeeper. Your results will automatically sync with your Race Roster account and right onto the leaderboard.
- You may also screen capture any fitness app or watch (Garmin, Strava, Fitbit, etc.) and manually upload your time.
- Tracking helps runners that want that competitive component but you do NOT have to track your run, just do it for fun and help save lives at the same time!
Other ways to participate:
- Join the team! Become an AARCS Rescue Racer
- Donate to support a registered Rescue Racer
- Help AARCS spread the word by sharing our social media post
- Make a direct donation to Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society.