Hi! My name is
Terrier, American Pit Bull/Mix
Date of Birth
February 18, 2020
“Hi My name is Lyrea, I’m a fashionable lady with a great smile!!
When I came into AARCS care I was in RUFF shape, I had severe allergies that had worn my coat down to the skin, my skin was thick and irritated and I had multiple infections. After a long journey including many medicated baths and the LOVE from my foster home, my allergies are well controlled now. My fur has grown back silky smooth and it shines in the sun. As I started feeling better I went from a dog that was shut down, curling and hiding by myself. To an energetic and zesty lady, that enjoys letting my hoomans know, when people walk by the fence.
- Snuffle mats! Getting my nose in there and finding every little morsel
- Hiking! I walk quite well on leash, treats can help distract me on walks
- Cuddling and Belly Rubs! I’ll lean back, relax and wait for you to rub-my-belly
- FETCH! Just look at my photo! Every ounce of my being was put into that catch!
I am less excited about:
- Greeting strangers and men. It takes me a little while to warm up. This could include treat tosses and allowing me to come to you. Once I know you it’s cuddle time!
- Those Pesky Squirrels! There are a lot of them in my area, I have to go on Squirrel Patrol often to seek them out!
- House Trained
I’m working on:
- Leash Reactivity, I have some catching up to do, now that I feel healthy. I’m still not quite sure how to greet other dogs, do I bark/growl/play bow? I’m not sure. I’ll need someone that understands that I’ll need some space to come to a decision.
- Allergies. They are under control, I have a plan in place to help my body cope with them.
I would love a forever family who:
- Are looking for a single companion who is mature, responsible, and quiet in the home.
- A fully fenced yard, where I can play fetch and watch the world around me. Perhaps lounge on some Fur-niture.
Everyone tells me I’m such a sweet girl. Come and get to know me and I’ll share all my love with you.” – xo, Lyrea
Good with Cats?
NO CATS PLEASE!
Good with Dogs?
Yes, Good with Dogs, slow introductions
Good with Kids?
NO KIDS PLEASE!
Do I Need Special Care?
Both, Medical and Behavioral - Allergies on special diet and cytopoint injection once a month. Nervous with men initially, children not recommended due to fear.