Registered Veterinary Technologist
Full-time starting in May 2017
Looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Technologist seeking a career in Shelter Medicine.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta facilitating over 3,000 animal adoptions each year and providing numerous community support programs across the province, including Disaster Response, Emergency Medical Care, Emergency Foster Care, and Spay/Neuter Assistance Program. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. In 2017, AARCS is moving the shelter to a new location, which will include a 3,000 square foot veterinary hospital. This role is responsible for the ensuring all animals within AARCS are provided with the best possible medical care. This includes treatment, diagnostics and surgery.
ABOUT YOU: As an RVT you are a confident technician with exceptional time-management and organizational skills. You have exceptional patient care standards and are very compassionate. You have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and have both a love for animals and a good understanding of shelter medicine. You are positive, friendly, and approachable. You work well in a team environment. You are confident, with an intuitive ability to understand animal health as a top priority. You love working with animals and take pride in helping less fortunate animals. You take great personal satisfaction in your work. You are flexible and are able to work some evenings or weekends to accommodate intake at the shelter.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
- Registered RVT in the province of Alberta and member in good standing with ABVMA.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years experience.
- Be comfortable handling both cats and dogs. This includes feral cats and shy, timid or reactive dogs.
- Maintain highest standard of care in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Confident and diligent in surgical preparation, patient monitoring and recovery for various surgical procedures.
- Confident in surgery, radiology (digital and dental), dentistry, emergency medicine, laboratory sampling and handling, exceptional patient care and a good understanding of infectious disease.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates should provide a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list along with a current resume to the attention of Ariana Lenz, Medical Manager before April 15, 2017.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.
AARCS – Job Posting – RVT (2017)