Registered Veterinary Technologist
5-Month Temporary Contract
Looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Technologist with interest in Animal Welfare and Shelter Medicine.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta facilitating over 2500 animal adoptions each year. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. AARCS Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced, high volume clinic designed specifically for animals in our care. We are not open to the public. Our aim is to ensure AARCS animals are provided with the highest standard of humane medical care and treatment. The clinic is fully equipped including, digital and dental x-ray, two surgery suites, isolation, pharmacy and laboratory. We perform a variety of treatments on a daily basis, including routine care, emergency medicine and surgery, such as spay/neuter, ortho, dentistry. Our medical department works closely to provide a holistic approach to shelter management, animal care and adoption.
ABOUT YOU: An RVT, preferably with two years experience and a genuine interest in animal welfare. Having both a love of people and animals, you are naturally optimistic, positive, friendly, and approachable. Working with on-site Veterinarians and the Medical Team, you pride yourself on exceptional patient care and are confident in surgery, dentistry, radiology, emergency medicine, pathology and laboratory sampling and handling.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, including high volume surgery and hospitalization and isolation for infectious disease. You have highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills. Your love of animals extends to shy, reactive and feral animals in which you can handle with confidence and care. At heart, you strive to see every animal provided with the highest quality medical care. Your strengths include impeccable medical records, teamwork and adaptability to change.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
- Registered RVT in the province of Alberta and member in good standing with ABVMA.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years experience.
- Be comfortable handling both cats and dogs. This includes feral cats and shy, timid or reactive dogs.
- Maintain highest standard of care in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Confident and diligent in surgical preparation, patient monitoring and recovery for various surgical procedures.
- Confident in surgery, radiology (digital and dental), dentistry, emergency medicine, laboratory sampling and handling, exceptional patient care and good understanding of infectious disease.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list with an attached resume to Ariana Lenz, Medical Manager before April 2nd, 2018.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
5060 – 74th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best-qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.