Events and Fundraising Coordinator
Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Looking for a dynamic and creative Events & Fundraising Coordinator who loves animals!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Events and Fundraising Coordinator is a dynamic and creative individual responsible for fundraising, developing relationships, securing new sponsors and executing signature events. You will report to the Executive Director and work closely Creative & Marketing Specialist.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta rescuing and re-homing abandoned, abused and surrendered animals facilitating over 3,000 animal intakes each year and providing numerous community support programs across the province, including Emergency Foster Care, Humane Education, Spay/Neuter Assistance Program and Animal Disaster Response. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. This role is responsible for fundraising, sponsorships and executing numerous events throughout the year.
ABOUT YOU: The Events and Fundraising Coordinator is a motivated individual with exceptional time-management and organizational skills. Having both a love for animals and people, you excel at creating and building relationships. You are positive, friendly, and approachable. You love planning and take pride in your work to meet and exceed goals. You are able to work some weekend to accommodate the numerous events happening throughout the year.
- Relevant experience in marketing, fundraising and event planning.
- Motivated to exceed fundraising goals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet objectives.
- Extremely organized and efficient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Proficiency in the use of computers.
- Personable and able to develop a positive rapport with a diversity of experiences and backgrounds.
- Manage deadlines, projects and assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; has the ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend events beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare.
- Experience in not-for-profit sector an asset.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list with an attached resume to Deanna Thompson, Executive Director (email@example.com) before June 26, 2017. Please ensure the subject line in your email states: Events and Fundraising Coordinator Application.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: