Wanted: Social Media Coordinator
Volunteer Position (8-16 hrs/week)
Looking for a dynamic and creative Social Media Coordinator who loves animals!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring AARCS’ social media sites. This includes creating, scheduling and editing posts, maintaining up to date albums, monitoring for questions from the public, answering messages and removing any inappropriate content. This position will work closely with the Creative and Marketing Specialist.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta rescuing and re-homing abandoned, abused and surrendered animals facilitating over 3,000 animal intakes each year and providing numerous community support programs across the province, including Emergency Foster Care, Humane Education, Spay/Neuter Assistance Program and Animal Disaster Response. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. This role is responsible for fundraising, sponsorships and executing numerous events throughout the year.
- Create and establish original, relevant content, including graphics and call-to-action posts to generate audience participation
- Work collaboratively with Creative and Marketing Specialist to maintain high engagement rates from our followers
- Ensure all messages are being responded to in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Direct questions to the appropriate coordinators, via email
- Monitor all content and delete or hide, if necessary
- Assist in keeping photo albums up to date
- Add and promote events
- Take news stories/adoptable animals off website, post to Facebook
- Ensure social media sites are kept current while maintaining a balance on page for foster home requests, cat/dog posts, stories, events etc.
- Seek out opportunities to increase exposure and impact for AARCS via Social Media
- Experience in not-for-profit sector an asset; Genuine interest in animal welfare
- Formal knowledge and understanding of Social Media Content Strategies and analytics
- Strong technical ability; including word processing, design programs and database management
- Education or professional experience in Communications and/or Marketing
- Personable and able to develop a positive rapport with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Can effectively communicate information and ideas
- Self-motivated; Has the ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision
Apply Now: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Amber Perry, Creative and Marketing Specialist at email@example.com.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thank you in advance for your interest.