FULLTIME (40hrs/week) with a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs, including some evenings and weekends.
START DATE: Immediate
Looking for an enthusiastic and personable animal lover to facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and foster homes.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta facilitating over 3000 animal adoptions each year. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. The volunteer team works closely with all other departments within AARCS to provide support and additional personnel to execute AARCS mission and vision. The department’s aim is to ensure AARCS operates with the support of volunteers and foster homes.
ABOUT YOU: The Volunteer Coordinator is a special breed of animal lover. Having both a love of people and animals, you are naturally optimistic, positive, friendly, and approachable. You enjoy working with animals and their humans in a positive way for positive outcomes. You are confident, open minded and non-judgmental with an intuitive ability to see possibilities. Your strengths include above average conflict resolution skills, organizational and time management, and ability to be personable with a variety of personalities. You love working with people. Organization and attention to detail is important to you. You have exceptional teamwork skills and are able to work closely with others, including staff and a large base of volunteers and foster homes. Your lifestyle allows you to regularly and consistently maintain a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Personable and able to develop a positive rapport with a variety of experiences and backgrounds.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated; has the ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision while remaining accountable for reporting.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate level of office software proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Email, Google Docs and databases.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare.
- Valid driver’s license for on and off site work.
- Develop an understanding of the volunteer needs of the organization by working with program coordinators and managers.
- Interview and screen potential volunteers and foster homes
- Select and place volunteers according to needs and suitability of volunteers; conduct orientation programs to prepare volunteers to effectively perform their duties in accordance with committee and volunteer resources, policies and procedures; ensure assignment specific training of volunteers.
- Educate volunteers about volunteer programs and the effective utilization and supervision of volunteers.
- Evaluate the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks associated with the program or service
- Work with Stakeholder Relations Manager to plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
- Develop and maintain appropriate volunteer forms and records
- Ensure current volunteer position descriptions are kept up-to-date by reviewing on an annual basis.
- Ensure system is kept up to date by performing audits on a regular basis.
- Assist with resolving conflict and managing grievances with volunteers and foster homes in a timely manner.
- Assist Stakeholder Relations Manager as needed.
- 40 hours per week – Fulltime Position
- Start Date: Immediately
- Hours: Flexible schedule to accommodate business needs, including some evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list with an attached resume to Rachel Howard, Stakeholder Relations Manager before July 15th, 2019
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
5060 – 74th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.