Help Us Make The Safe Haven Project a Reality
You can donate online or by simply writing a cheque and mailing it to:
PO Box 99076 RPO London Town
Please reference “Safe Haven Project” in your donation.
All donations over $20 are eligible for a tax receipt and you will receive a special thank you card. Gifts $100 and over will receive a special posting on the AARCS website “Wall of Support” (optional if you wish to be anonymous) and a commemorative plaque will be mounted in AARCS headquarters for donations of $1000 and greater.
Remember: Many employers today have matching programs, be sure to ask your employer what they offer when you donate. You can easily turn $100 into $200!
In order to meet our intended goals to open this facility we need to raise $200,000. Our conservative approach will allow us to be operational by end of 2011.
Spread the Word
Invite your friends and family to support this awesome cause. Just ask Brittany, she asked the CEO of her company if he would support our cause and wrote a personal cheque to AARCS for $10,000! All you have to do is ask.
Our admin team, which includes volunteer grant writers are always looking for opportunities to submit our programs and projects for consideration. If you know of a corporate sponsorship program or an institution that we can apply to for funding, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Lend a Hand
We are an organization run by volunteers, so if you have the time, please consider volunteering at one of our many fundraising events and if you can, please foster!
Help us search out and locate donated items on our wish list below – big ticket items as well as on-going needs.
Become a month donor! We understand that not everyone can donate large amounts of funds. Consider becoming a monthly donor of $10, $20, $50. You can sign up on our website through the CanadaHelps link.
Please find attached a pledge form: Collect donations from your friends, family, employers, co-workers, neighbours, and local businesses. All donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt. Large donations of $100 or greater we can provide marketing opportunities through our website, social media, newsletters and at the shelter once opened. Sample Pledge Form
Please e-mail Deanna at Deanna@albertaanimalrescuecrew.com to receive your personalized pledge form. We will track donation forms and the funds can be turned in periodically. Don’t be discouraged if someone says no, you’ll get a lot more “yes”s than you think, but you have to ASK!
We will also recognize our top fundraisers on our website, newsletters, grand opening and a permanent plaque at the headquarters once open.
Make sure if your employer has a volunteer program that you submit your volunteer hours!
Organize a fundraiser
- Organize a bottle drive or pledge your bottle return money to the Safe Haven Project.
- Host a garage sale and we’ll help advertise for items and buyers.
- Home poker tournament and pledge 50% of the pot to the Safe Haven Project.
- Have a dinner party and invite guests to bring a donation.
- Organize a fundraiser through selling chocolate bars, pizza, popcorn, etc – we need to find people to buy them but we also need organizers!
- Organize a bake sale
- Make products or host a product party with the proceeds going to the Safe Haven Project. For example, jewellery, crafts, tupperware party, candle parties, etc.
- Host an office party and encourage co-workers to donate, have a 50/50 raffle. We’ll be happy to bring some animals and talk to your staff about our cause.
- Sell water and bandanas at local off-leash parks and ask for donations.
Consider donating corporate or professional services – this could include printing, advertising, or skilled work.