located in Calgary
Beautiful boy seeking loving, committed family to go on adventures with!
“EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOUR DOING. It’s me, Trigger!! I would just like everyone to know that even though I look tall and I may look big but I just want love. All I want is someone who can love me and help continue my training. I only jump because I love you and want to give you as many hugs as I can in the time we have together. I have gotten much better at limiting my jumping up since coming into the shelter and working with my caregivers. I even sit on my own sometimes and I am super food motivated and not fussy. Won’t you please give me a chance? I bet we could fall in love!” – xo TriggerTrigger had a pretty ruff start, he came into AARCS’ care after being attacked by other dogs leaving him with multiple bite wounds. After being cared for by our medical team and caregivers, Trigger has healed up nicely and is ready to find his forever home. He could be good fit with other dogs, with slow and proper introductions as well as someone experienced with large dogs. Please, NO KITTY-CATS for this big lug. He does take a bit of time learning how to trust, but once he does, he will be up on your lap licking your face in no time. Trigger can be quite timid with men at first, but could potentially find that right person who he can build a solid relationship with.
What we’re looking for in a home for Trigger:
• Someone experienced with large, powerful dogs.
• Someone who is willing to take the time to teach him basic manners. He likes to give out hugs but doesn’t realize his strength.
• Preferably a home with no other pets so he can focus on building those relationships on his own terms.
• Someone who is able to properly socialize/introduce him to other animals, strangers and new environments.
• An active person! Trigger LOVES going for walks. He is an absolute dream on-leash once his harness is on!
• Someone to love him unconditionally!!!
Think you, or someone you know would be the perfect match for Trigger? Well what are you waiting for — apply today!
Good with Cats?
NO CATS PLEASE!
Good with Dogs?
Could be good with other dogs with slow introductions
Good with Kids?
Kids 8 and older would be preferred
Does this Animal have Special Needs?
Yes, Behavioral Needs
Can be nervous at meeting new people, and may be selective. Has a hard time trusting men