My name is Harvey and I’m looking for a home where I can spend my golden years and enjoy the finer things in life! No one is exactly sure how old I am, they estimate I’m between 7-10 years old so I still have LOADS of love to give! I’m fairly small at 40lbs and knee height. I came into care from the NWT, I was being picked on by other dogs in the community and it left me with a few flesh wounds which have since been healing. I don’t let that affect me though; I’m still a happy, easy going guy!
You may be wondering, why should I adopt an older dog? Well, I can give you a paw full of reasons!
1) I’m house trained. I’ve never had an accident in the house.
2) I don’t need excessive amounts of exercise. My needs are pretty moderate. I like my daily walks and getting out of the house, after that I’m pretty happy to just hang around; being part of the family is what’s most important to me.
3) I sleep thru the night, sometimes, I even sleep in!
4) I don’t chew or touch anything while you’re out – provided my needs are met of course.
5) I travel well in the car
6) I LOVE to cuddle! So my forever family will have to be ok with tons of cuddles the couch!
I love hanging out with people and get along well with other dogs of all sizes. I even went to the office with my foster mom a few times and did great! I would be ok as an only dog provided I’m not left alone long hours or with a doggy brother/sister with similar temperament. While I’m very tolerant with everyone, I would prefer a quieter home. Young children and puppies can be too energetic/pushy for me. Despite my small size I’m a good jumper so my forever home must have a securely fenced yard (5-6 ft tall).
If you’re looking for the perfect furry companion, look no further! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Good with Cats?
NO CATS PLEASE!
Good with Dogs?
Yes, Good with Dogs
Good with Kids?
Not tested with Kids
Does this Animal have Special Needs?