HIRING: Lead Registered Veterinary Technologist
Permanent Lead RVT Position
Full-Time Monday to Friday
Looking for an enthusiastic, experienced RVT with interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta facilitating over 3,000 animal adoptions each year. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. AARCS Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced, high volume clinic designed specifically for homeless animals in our care. We are not open to the public. Our aim is to ensure AARCS animals are provided with the highest standard of humane medical care and treatment. The clinic is fully equipped including, digital and dental x-ray, two surgery suites, isolation, pharmacy and laboratory. We perform a variety of treatments on a daily basis, including routine care, emergency medicine and surgery, such as spay/neuter, ortho, dentistry. Our medical department works closely to provide a holistic approach to shelter management, animal care and adoption.
ABOUT YOU: An RVT, preferably with five + years experience and a genuine interest in animal welfare. Having both a love of people and animals, you are naturally optimistic, positive, friendly, and approachable. Working with on-site Veterinarians and the Medical Team, you pride yourself on exceptional patient care and are confident in surgery and anesthesia (preparation, monitoring, and recovery), dentistry, radiology, emergency medicine, pathology and laboratory sampling and handling. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, including high volume surgery and hospitalization and isolation for infectious disease. You have highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills to handle large-volume of medical case management. Your love of animals extends to shy, reactive and feral animals in which you can handle with confidence and care. At heart, you strive to see every animal provided with the highest quality medical care. Your strengths include impeccable medical records, teamwork and adaptability to change.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare and shelter medicine.
- Registered RVT in the province of Alberta and member in good standing with ABVMA.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years experience.
- Be comfortable handling both cats and dogs. This includes feral cats and shy, timid or reactive dogs.
- Maintain highest standard of care in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Confident and diligent in surgical preparation, patient monitoring and recovery for various surgical procedures.
- Confident in surgery, radiology (digital and dental), dentistry, emergency medicine, laboratory sampling and handling, exceptional patient care and good understanding of infectious disease.
- Highly developed cooperation, collaboration and problem-solving skills with ability to manage large medical case load.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume via email to Deanna Thompson, Executive Director at email@example.com with LEAD RVT Application in the subject line. We are seeking a candidate to start as soon as possible and will be hosting interviews as resumes come in.
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate can be found. AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best-qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: