Events & Community Outreach Coordinator
Full-time (40 hrs/week) Tuesday – Saturday
Looking for a dynamic and creative Events & Community Outreach Coordinator who loves animals!
ABOUT US: ALBERTA ANIMAL RESCUE CREW SOCIETY is a registered non-profit charity located in Calgary, Alberta rescuing and re-homing abandoned, abused and surrendered animals facilitating over 3,000 animal intakes each year and providing numerous community support programs across the province, including Emergency Foster Care, Humane Education, Spay/Neuter Assistance Program and Animal Disaster Response. Our mission is Changing Lives Through Kindness. This role is responsible for assisting with fundraising, events and communication.
ABOUT YOU: The Events and Community Outreach Coordinator is a motivated individual with exceptional time management, technical and organizational skills. Having both a love for animals and people, you excel at creating and building relationships. You are positive, friendly, and approachable. You love planning and take pride in your work to meet and exceed goals. You are able to work some weekends to accommodate the numerous events happening throughout the year.
- Planning and overseeing adoption events, festivals and expos.
- Preparation and staffing of displays, exhibits, presentations.
- Overseeing Education team, non-corporate Third Party Fundraising and Adoption Events/Festivals.
- Oversee, manage and increase third-party fundraising opportunities.
- Management of merchandise, including organization, purchasing.
- Work in conjunction with the communications team on annual fundraising events, signature events, raffles, & mailers.
- Assist with website content and social media management.
- Work with team to create and execute all major AARCS signature fundraising events.
- Relevant experience in fundraising and event planning.
- Motivated to exceed fundraising goals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders to meet objectives.
- Extremely organized and efficient. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, software and websites.
- Knowledge and proficiency of social media outlets.
- Personable and able to develop a positive rapport with a diversity of experiences and backgrounds.
- Manage deadlines, projects and assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including weekends to attend events beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Genuine interest in animal welfare.
- Experience in not-for-profit sector an asset.
Apply Now: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter speaking directly to the requirements list with an attached resume to Deanna Thompson, Executive Director before 9am December 10th, 2018. Please ensure the subject line in your email states: Events & Community Outreach Coordinator Application.
Submit your application by emailing: email@example.com
Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AARCS is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all suitable candidates to forward their application in confidence. We regret that only the best qualified candidates will be contacted for screening. Thank you in advance for your interest.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: