We are excited to announce that the bay next door to AARCS Safe Haven in Calgary has come available and we will be expanding the shelter! This comes at a wonderful time as we have drastically out-grown our current space.
The goal with this project is to separate our cat/small animals and dogs. This will allow us to add more dog runs, as well as dramatically increase our quarantine space for cats, a room for our TNR projects, provide an on-site adoption room for cats, a quiet space for small animal intake, provide for additional storage and training space for our volunteers.
Phase One will cover:
* Initial Start-Up Costs * Basis Renovations Costs
This amazing opportunity to double our space will allow us to expand our growing programs, including an Adoption Program, Spay Neuter Assistance (SNAP) and Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR) Program so we can help more cats and dogs now and in the future.
Our goal is to raise $40,000 for the start-up of this project.
As this was an unexpected opportunity, AARCS had not budgeted for the new space and we need your help to get it off the ground! We will provide tax receipts for all donations over $20.
How You Can Help:
- Visit our Donate Page
- *please put “Expansion Project” in the box “Your message to AARCS”
- Call us at 403-250-7377 to make a donation via credit card over the phone
- Mail a cheque to:
PO Box 99076
RPO London Town
Calgary, AB T1Y 0A6
- Stop by the shelter with your donation during business hours 9-5pm Monday – Friday at Bay G, 3851 – 21 Street NE, Calgary, AB
Donate an item from our WISH LIST
- Gift Cards to Rona, Lowes or other home improvement warehouses
- French door for cat room
- Industrial hose and spray nozzle
- Extra large window for cat room
- New energy efficient toilet
- 4xCritter/cat Cages can be found at the link below
- 3xCat quarantine banks can be found at the link below
- 4 x Isolation Units for dogs & cats can be found at the link below
- Deep Freeze
- Wall mounted TV for cat room
- Industrial Sink/Wash basin
- Two industrial size garbage bins
- 6 x Ikea wardrobes for storage can be found at the link below:
- 10 x Luxury Cat Runs can be found at the link below:
- 2 x Dog runs – (please contact AARCS if you are interested in helping with these runs as our runs are custom orders) . They can be found at the link below:
Other Items in Need for the New Space:
- Cat litter/boxes – all kinds, including pellets
- Large rabbit cages/habitats
- Timothy Hay
- Rabbit shavings
- Rabbit pellets/chews/toys
- Pee Pads
- Cat trees / scratching posts
- AARCS Wish List
- Amazon Wish list http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishlist/1EVW3QAUI56C
For questions regarding the wish list please contact Lindsay Black at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office at 403-250-7377
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank those who have donated goods, services and time to the project to date.
- The volunteers who spend 300 hours over two days cleaning and painting!
- Lorne Boychuk from Detail Drywall
- Dav Sicilliano for the donation of a keyless entry lock
- Dale and Kim Mendryk for the donation of new doors
- Dav Sicilliano for the donation of a 750 square feet of flooring
- Michael Lenz Blue Knight Developments and family for installing the flooring
- Scott Ross for the donation of a gently used washer and dryer
- John Stiles for the donation of warehouse shelving and a fridge
- Mike Schmidt for electrical work
- Heather Molyneaux for baseboards
- Kor Irrigation and Landscape for manpower over two days
- Mike Hamilton from Ackland Grainger for painting supplies
- Kyle Sommerville for all your handy work!
- Ben Jones & Star Concrete Floor Treatment for donating and installation of epoxy & urethane floor coating for the warehouse bay area valued at over $14,000. Check out their website.